If you like to do home-made preparations for the winter, then surely in the summertime you also remember stewed fruit, which in winter is a tasty and useful messenger of vitamin summer. Compote can be prepared from a variety of fruits and berries. To get a more harmonious and rich taste, it is better to prepare compote from a fruit or berry mixture. We bring to your attention a recipe for berry compote for the winter - from cherries, strawberries and red currants.
Having prepared such a delicious compote, you successfully fill the shelves of your pantry to enjoy the pleasant sweet and sour taste of the drink in winter. Compote has a bright saturated color, in order to preserve which, storage in a dark place is necessary. For the most interesting taste, take all the berries for compote in an equal amount. The amount of sugar and liquid can vary according to your taste and desire.
Ingredients for 1 1.5 liter jar:
- strawberries - 150 g
- sweet cherry - 150 g
- red currant - 150 g
- sugar - 1 cup
- water - 1 l
Berry winter compote. Cooking:
- Prepare all the necessary ingredients. Sort the berries, removing rotten and crushed. Tear sepals off strawberries, stalks on cherries, and twigs on red currants.
- Pour the picked berries into a colander and rinse well. Do not remove the cherries. Leave the berries in a colander for a while to glass the liquid.
- Prepare a jar in which you will compote. Wash it and sterilize it in any way convenient for you. Put sweet cherries on the bottom, strawberries on it, and red currants on top.
- Boil water and carefully pour boiling water over berries in a jar at the very top. Cover and let it brew for 15 minutes. Berries under the influence of high temperature will slightly change color, becoming duller.
- Strain the liquid from the jar into the pan. For this purpose, it is convenient to use a special plastic cover with holes. Water will already be slightly colored from the effects of berries.
- Put the pan on the fire, add sugar, bring to a boil. With a weak boil, boil the syrup for 2-3 minutes, until the crystals are completely dissolved. Pour the cooked syrup berries in a jar to the very top.
- Close the jar tightly or tighten with a screw cap, turn it upside down and wrap until it cools completely.
- Remove the cooled jar with compote of cherries, strawberries and red currants for permanent storage in a darkened pantry with room temperature.
Get 50 free instagram likes. Get Free Instagram Likes Trial from genuine audience and maximize your Instagram fame - Instantly with best deals.